Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Assignment One

This is the very FIRST assignment, and i'm pleasantly surprised at how excited i am with being able to do something i love for a school assignment - DRAWING!! i've always been a artyfarty at heart. :P

So, after a few hours, these are what resulted.

Sketch One, of eight thumbnails.
'my name is Jocelyn, and i hate the pressures of life' and 'i love being around nature'



will be having tutorial presentation soon! wonder how THAT will be like, hmm.

Reflections:

This assignment invoked a lot of thinking about self, and what i REALLY like, or hate. I was stuck for a long time, as it suddenly seemed like there was nothing i felt strong dislike, or like for. i had to will myself to imagine the activity i would most enjoy or hate doing, and that finally brought me to deciding on the themes of nature and pressure.

Communicating the concepts through manipulation of my name proved to be quite tough, as to mesh both text and imagery together, in a visually pleasing and sensible manner, required quite a lot of work. However, the assignment allowed me to imagine things in a different and out-of-the-box way that i normally would not do, in order to incorporate my name in the image. Also, it got me thinking of how i can twist the alphabets in my name, to portray as objects that would fit in the image.

In all, this first assignment was definitely a challenge and got my creative juices pumping, after a long hiatus from art!

No comments: